What this blog is about

It's an art blog.
Mostly about theatre... but also a healthy dose of pop culture, politics and shameless self-promotion.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Looking for a designer

Plus a couple of other cool things to check out


Hey kids;
If you're a cool designer and looking for something challenging and new to work on, contact me.

Seriously: I'm shifting into heavy grant writing mode, and am hoping to produce a workshop of my play REALITY. I'm looking for someone who likes to play with lights, set, and costumes (all at the same time, please) and is based in Toronto. I've always had heavy design elements in my previous work, and I like to give designers lots of creative freedom. Plus, I really like meeting and working with new people.

That being said, I'm already working with a web designer and a video content designer, so as we develop our design concept, we all need to work together. Oh, and remember, all my big plans are contingent on funding etc. etc. (you know the drill).

Speaking of my web guy, he just updated his website: new design, new sections, new extention demos, and an interactive "style chooser". Check it out.

On the other side of the country, one of my favourite bloggers has just released a new e-book on social marketing for arts. Less than 20 bones, and worth every penny. But don't take my word for it: check out this glowing endorsement from Simon over at the Next Stage.

Back here in TO, the Fringe is almost here. You can find all of the play listings on their website, and other info (like getting tix, etc.) However, if you're looking for a extensive list of previews, check out Mooney on Theatre's ever-growing Coming to Fringe 2009 section on her blog.

Oh, and yes this maybe old news but... have y'all checked out The Room yet?

Later!

No comments: