What this blog is about

It's an art blog.
Mostly about theatre... but also a healthy dose of pop culture, politics and shameless self-promotion.

Thursday, May 3, 2007

The beginning...?

Where to start?

My name's Aaron. I am a multi-disciplinary theatre artist originally from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I just moved to Toronto last month. I've trained at the UofA BFA (Acting) program and got my degree in 2001. I do collective creation, physical theatre, and I like multi-media. I also like comics... a lot.

I've been nominated twice for an AMPIA award ("best actor") in 2006 and in 2007, but apparently that doesn't mean as much here in T.O. as my BFA does. I'm getting more and more into writing and directing as my career progresses.

Now that I'm in Toronto, my career is either going to stall right out or I am going to start fresh and explode right out of the gates... Right now I am unemployed and totally broke. *sigh*

This blog has been started in support of my website:

http://www.superherolive.com

What is Superhero Live! ???

Superhero Live! is an epic tale of heroism, adventure and… rock!!! The story of Superhero’s origin and first adventure is an eight-part mini-series developed for online delivery as 15-20 minute audio podcasts. It is a love song dedicated to pop culture and is action packed to boot!

...imagine Tenacious D in a head-on collision with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Fans of The Mighty Boosh, you'll like this too.

Where can I listen to it?

Anywhere you like. (hehe)
Okay, here's where you can find it:
http://www.superherolive.com/podcast.htm
or
http://www.indyish.com/podcast/
or (if you're on Facebook)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2673005654

...there's a MySpace page too, but to be honest, I haven't updated it in weeks and weeks...

Beyond shameless self-promotion, I will try to post some actual ideas and thoughts on here once and a while too.

Another word about this blog. About 2 or 3 years ago, my good buddy Shaun told me that all he wants to do is wander the earth and spread righteousness. I'm gonna try to emulate that here.

"There are two kinds of people in this world: those who might imagine a whole other, fantastic reality from the world we know… and those who participate in that reality."
-- Shady Character (Episode 2)

No comments: