What this blog is about

It's an art blog.
Mostly about theatre... but also a healthy dose of pop culture, politics and shameless self-promotion.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Twitter's Rotten Day

Facebook-esque problems plagues social network

Twitter
No, I'm not tweeting yet. But I know that many other bloggers do... so I thought you'd all be interested in reading about this.

Did any of you notice the problem? What did you think?

Is Twitter getting too big or "corporate" now? Is going to start to decline in popularity like Facebook?

3 comments:

mooneyontheatre said...

geeze, I hope not, I *just* started using it in a quasi-effective way...

Aaron Talbot said...

Really?
Good for you. I have great intentions, but am worried I will twitter away all my time and never get anything useful done...

http://thenextstage.wordpress.com said...

Nah, nothing to worry about Aaron, twitter is entirely opt in/out, its functionality and usefulness is entirely up to the user and the community he/she builds. And the more people on it, the better the resource pool.

Twitter was build on the premise that brevity is the soul of wit, it's designed to be incredibly useful with a minimal impact on your schedule.

I think about it like a giant cocktail party where I'm free to interact with partygoers as I choose. And the rules of etiquette are almost exactly the same.

It'll cost a bit of time initially to set up your community, like any new tool it takes some time to learn how to swing it. But the efficiency and reach of it is staggering.

Maybe the whole thing will explode tomorrow, but right now it's doing a great job. I say grab a drink and dive in.

~Simon