What this blog is about

It's an art blog.
Mostly about theatre... but also a healthy dose of pop culture, politics and shameless self-promotion.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A little inspiration

Lisa Pijuan-Nomura shared this quote, so I thought I'd pass it along...

This is the true joy in life, to be used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one, to be thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap. To be a force of nature instead of a feverish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am a member of a community and as a member it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can before I die. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch that I want to make burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.

- George Bernard Shaw


Nice.
Thanks Lisa!

1 comment:

Lisa PN said...

Hey there Aaron!
Thanks so much for posting a link to me. Yes, it is an amazing quote no? I love quotes so much! Little bits of wisdom! How are you?